This new collection finds its origin in the Byzantine architecture and more specific in the Spanish Alhambra.
The 100% Merino wool patterned rugs are available in 4 designs; the star pattern closest to the Alhambra origin, the other 3 derivatives . The 4 designs all have a fond, a basis [coloured pattern] and an effect [colour]. The effect will be random and only partly tufted. The 16 mm pile gives the rug its luxurious, velvet-like character. Since 2018 BYZANCE is also available in 45 mm pile height. The collection encloses 15 standard colours.
A real Dutch design development, making thankfully use of the factory’s techniques.
- Patterned rugs is a new chapter for Carpet Sign; We lost our virginity, we started with patterns, being complementary to the existing collection.
- Design is associated with luxurious, cosmopolitan, architectural digest.
- Inspired by the abundance of colours and shapes & rythms of the Moorish tiles in the spanish Alhambra and the portuguese Azulejos, we looked for patterns matching contemporary, luxurious interiors;
- A touch of traditional craft, a touch of AD, a touch of traditional tufting technique: tradition translated to present-day design.
- Timeless design with a twist by subtile, random colour adds in the overtuft part.
Fond – Basis - Effect
The 4 designs all have a fond, a basis and an effect. The basis is the over all design, the effects will only be tufted partly. It looks like a random design but this is a standard pattern.
The designs have a fixed centre. From there the sizes will be scaled.